10.17.2013

MOMS ARE THE BEST

After having a baby you are sore, sleep deprived and just in a general state of miserable-ness. Meals from the church and visits from friends are oh so nice but can only go so far. What every girl needs is a TV watching partner, a best friend to gossip with, a maid to clean her house, a nanny that on demand takes the baby and a chef that will fix unlimited meals for the several times you change your mind on what you feel like eating. The best thing about hired help is you can boss them around (a little) and you don't have to feel bad. Of course we aren't all celebrities, fortunately for us there is one person who can do all of these things, and better than anyone we could ever hire. That person is our mom. 

For me, my mom has been just what the doctor ordered after the birth of both my daughters. She somehow knows exactly what I need and when I need it.

Because we do live so far when we do get together its always the very best time. My mom came out for a week and a half to visit and help with Lydia a week after she was born. 

I was still am so sleep derived I didn't take my usual million pictures. It was awesome to have her here to take Brooklyn on a walk and to the park every morning while I got some sleep. Other than that daily ritual we spent hours watching home improvements shows and planning our dream homes, we did some shopping and errands, decorated and organized Brooklyn and Lydia's rooms, did a lot of eating out, got ice cream and cupcakes, visited with the in-laws, sister/brother-in-law and the cousins, went swimming, and picked pumpkins to name a few things.

This goodbye wasn't as sad as usual. 
We will be reunited at Thanksgiving and again at Christmas this year!

^^First time meeting! Lydia needed a minute to warm up to her grammy 
^^She is now rocking the glasses because she is a grandma!
^^Sprinkles cupcakes= heaven. 
^^This is what Brooklyn looks like when grammy brings her for ice cream. 

^^My girls are so lucky to have grandmas that love them the way these two do. 

^^Trying to control the wild woman. Look at Lydia's broken neck. 

^^From our day picking pumpkins. 

^^Brooklyn matches my mom and Lydia matches me. Love. 
^^Good bye mom! Until next month... 

1 comment:

  1. so fun! what a cute mom...we loved meeting her! xoxoxox can't wait for dinner this weekend!

    ReplyDelete