12.30.2012

BOSTON Christmas

I love Christmas in Boston! I have never missed a Christmas here even in college, studying in Spain or living in California. It is absolutely a priority to book tickets in advance and make sure I get back at the very least for a full week. This year was extra special because we welcomed Brooklyn to Boston for her first Christmas.


Christmas Eve we spend with my father's side of the family. His cousin lives in Wakefield which is awesome because it is a super short drive. We go over in the evening for dinner and party all night. I remember leaving so late as a child my parents would say Santa was going to fly by our house if we didn't get in to bed before midnight. Its really fun because there are two ages of cousins, the tweens and then the ones in thier 20s. 








Christmas morning was such a blast with Brooklyn this year. Everything is so much more fun with her here. I also love to see my brothers open their gifts, they are so cute and animated. Rob and I decided to exchange out gifts at our home so we didn't have to carry them but packed stockings for each other. We got matching red velvet ones with our names monogrammed on the top! This is a really fun traditional we will continue each year. 







 In the afternoon we went to my aunt on my mom's side. This is where I see some of my favorite people. All the cousins are similar ages and we lived close by. As a family we did several vacations together. I have such fond memories of fun times with each of my cousins. I love now that everyone is beginning to get married and have children. Its amazing to see the family grow and expand. 








Picture with the Kennedy cousins and then cousins plus spouses below. The family is growing!



All in all it was such an awesome trip. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing network of people in my life. I love you family, I love you cousins, I love you friends, I love you Boston! 

No comments:

Post a Comment